At Milwaukee Comprehensive Treatment Centers, the process of admissions is designed to be as efficient and as streamlined as possible. If you or someone you care about is in need of medication assisted treatment and would like to begin services at one of our centers, it is important to be aware of the following pre-admissions criteria prior to scheduling an intake with us:
Prospective patients must:
- Be aged 18 or older
- Reside within 50 miles of the center in which they will be receiving treatment
- Be opioid dependent for at least 1 year
- Be in a state of withdrawal for 20 to 24 hours (unless the prospective patient was discharged from a detox program or another medication assisted treatment center, or is currently pregnant)
If you or your loved one meets the above criteria, you or your loved one will need to keep the following in mind in order to proceed to the next step in our admissions process:
- A valid photo ID will need to be shown during intake. Valid forms of identification include a Driver’s license, state identification card, or passport.
- Payment is required at time of intake, regardless of whether or not the patient is intending to use his or her insurance.
- Prospective patients cannot be going through withdrawal when coming in for an intake.
- If transferring from a detox program or another medication assisted treatment program, prospective patients must bring all documentation and/or records from their last treatment provider or have them faxed to the center where treatment will be received.
In contacting one of our centers to schedule an intake for services, our admissions staff will discuss the aforementioned criteria and information with you or your loved one. Once this conversation has been had and all criteria are met, an intake will be scheduled. It is important for prospective patients to set aside 2 to 4 hours to complete an intake with our staff. During that time, the following will occur:
- Complete necessary paperwork, of which includes providing information pertaining to one’s substance use, mental health, medical, and personal histories.
- Submit payment for services rendered.
- If applicable, provide documentation from prior treatment provider, unless documentation was faxed before intake appointment.
- Complete a physical with one of our physicians.
- Complete a drug test.
- Take a TB test, unless one was completed within the last 2 years.
- Prospective female patients must take a pregnancy test.
- Prospective female patients who are pregnant must show proof of consent from an OB/GYN to begin treatment and to coordinate services. (If a prospective patient is not currently receiving prenatal care, our staff can provide referrals for such services.)
- Provide details about other medications that are currently being taken.
Additionally, it is necessary to know that patients are not ensured that they will receive medication on their first day at one of our centers. Our trained and knowledgeable physicians may prescribe medications on the first day, though this decision is made based on a patient’s specific needs.
To speak with one of our helpful admissions staff members, contact Milwaukee Comprehensive Treatment Centers today. We look forward to hearing from you and informing you about our top notch medication assisted treatment.